Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fashionknitsta Thursday: 3/11/10

Hello and happy Thursday everyone! After all the excitement of the first ever Portland Yarn Crawl last weekend, this week at the store has seemed extra quiet. It was so great to meet so many locals that had never been in before and those coming in from out of town as well. If you didn't get the chance to visit us during the crawl you missed some great events! We were lucky enough to have both Julie Weisenberger of CocoKnits and Takako of Habu Textiles visit with us all weekend and bring along trunk shows. It was amazing to be able to see so many of their pieces in person and wonderfully enough a preview of many of the garments (all done in Habu yarns) from the soon-to-be released book by Olga Buraya-Kefelian & Vanessa Yap-Einbund Ori Ami Knits (now available for pre-order through our website).

This is Julie Weisenberger (modeling her pattern Yvonne) and myself in front of her garments.

Takako and myself in front of our Habu display.


Eva was kind enough to model a new CoCoKnits pattern, Lena, for me. It's done in Rowan Lima, a mostly alpaca with a touch of merino blend, and oh my goodnes, is it a dream. I think this one left us all drooling, I can't wait for the pattern to be published!

These pieces are all from Ori Ami Knits, from left to right are the Arcus Pullover in Habu A-32B silk mohair, the Duplicity Pullover in Habu Tsumugi Silk A-1 and Wool Stainless Steel A-148, and the Axonometric Top done in Habu A-174 Cotton Gima.

These beauties are on the far left the Puzzle Vest from Ori Ami Knits done in Tsumugi Silk A-1,. In the middle we have Tessa by CocoKnits done in Habu Shoshenshi Linen Paper A-60, and finally on the right another of my absolute favorites from Ori Ami Knits the Foldover Top , done in Habu Silk Stainless Steel A-20/21 and Tsumugi Silk A-1.

Thanks again to Eva for modeling the beautiful Rhombus Wrap from Ori Ami Knits. I think this one was a favorite for all of us. The gorgeous dress next to her is Concertino, also from Ori Ami Knits. This piece was by far my favorite, done in the Habu XS-21 linen held double it is absolutely the perfect weight for spring and just look at this detail:

So beautiful! I cannot wait for this book to come out! A big thanks to Julie and Takako for bringing all of their beautiful pieces to share with us and for letting me be a huge nerd and take photos with them. I hope we get to see you again soon!

Since I have so many super-secret-sock-club things to attend to I'll have to cut this a bit short today. Hope everyone has a great weekend, check back next week for another edition of Fashionknitsta. Until then, as always, stay chic blogfans!

-Lindsay

No comments: