Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Shameless yarn (and sock) pr0n

It's no secret that Knit Purl is starting our very own Sock Club in September...


In fact, I have to be careful what I say to whom, let I spoil the surprises we have in store.

But, luckily, I have a treat for those of you who are sock-inclined - a sneak peek at one of our dyer's work. Now, the yarn I made these socks with will not be the same colorway we've commissioned. Still, it's intended to give you a taste of what Knitted Wit's yarn is like.

Now, Knitted Wit is a brand of yarn dyed locally by Lorajean K. Who is currently expecting a little one of her own to knit for. So her line of yarn will be a bit hard to get for a while :( Still, congratulations are in store.

I found the skein in question on the PDX Knit Bloggers Sock Yarn Crawl a while back and agonized for too long over the "perfect" project to make with it. Enough time passed that I finally CO the first pattern I could find and went with it. Very quickly, I was glad I had been adventurous and felt duly rewarded.

The socks below were knit with Knitted Wit's Superwash Merino Fingering in the colorway "1970's Locker Room" (great name, huh?), using Jean Townsend's "Pretty Petals Socks" pattern.

Sockdown: April sock

Sockdown: April socks

Sockdown: April sock

Sockdown: April sock close-up

I wish I could give you more sneak peeks, but I don't want to ruin the surprise entirely. Of course, if you search around online, you might just find out who some of our very talented and very cool other Portland-area dyers are.

No comments: