Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Show & Tell

This was going to be a very short post (where my knitters at?), but luckily I managed to corner Tilly, Martha and Liz this afternoon for an impromptu series of photographs. But, if all y'all don't start popping in with your WIPs & FO's we might be in some trouble soon (hint, hint). So, without further adieu, I present a small parade of FO's.

First, we have Tilly's Cherry Blossom Bag (made with Cascade 220, Cork Chenille & ShibuiKnits mango wood handles). Now, aside from it being absolutely lovely and very well done, it's important to note that this was Tilly's FIRST (I repeat, first) "real" (direct quote) project. How humbling is that?

Tilly's Cherry Blossom Bag

And she also lined it herself*...

Tilly's CBB lining

It's almost unfair, isn't it? My first "real" project was a lumpy hat. Am I alone here? What was yours?

Anyway.

Martha brought out her Easy Raglan Sweater so that we might 'ooh' and 'ahh' over it (which we did, it's adorable!):

Martha's Easy Raglan Sweater

The pattern is from The Expectant Knitter by Mary Connolly. The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash in "Turtle" (which is such a great gender-neutral color, if I may say so). It's so cute!

And, finally, all I have to show for ten days of frustrating knitting is... another porom. Behold, the front of my tweedy porom:

porom-front

...and the side:

Tweedy Porom - side view

Now I really must stress that the frustration was my own fault** as I misread the chart and didn't bother to swatch (I know, I know, bad knitter!), so my first attempt was simply enormous. Lesson learned, I got it. I'm about to embark on a dangerous journey because of how much we at the store looove this pattern... but that will come later.

Now, I was going to show all y'all Micah's knitnotwar 1,0o0 crane, but I forgot to take a photo of it. Maybe on Thursday, with the eleven new cranes we got in yesterday (did you see that we're up to 75?!). Until then, keep dry!

*Yes, that's a zipper in there, too.
**Not Jared's.

No comments: