Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Projects!

Have we got a parade of handknits for you today (some are finished, some are still OTN, but they're all looking good!). First off, we have Sue's children's bolero:

Sue's childrens bolero
Knit with ShibuiKnits Merino Worsted in Spectrum.

Do you remember Sue and her 110 Pullover? I certainly do have to wonder when does she find the time to knit all these sweaters? I mean, really. Last I talked to her, she was planning on making an adult bolero to match.

Then, after Sue dropped by to show off, Nancy came in for some advice on her Skif Heart:

Nancy's Skif Heart

Which I think is just lovely. She's been making it with Handmaiden Sea Silk, Habu Textiles Tsumugi Silk (one of my personal favorites!) and Isager Wool 1. The hand of the three together is just luscious. I can't wait to see this finished (keep going, Nancy! you're sooo close). And, ha!, I found it in Nancy's ravelry journal.

Next, we had a visit from baby Mils, whom you might recognize from our April Staff Pick eCard:

Baby Mils and bear

She is so darned cute I want to squeee! whenever I see her photo. I managed to convince Mommy and Grandma to let me get a photo of her in her handknit booties with her (clearly) favorite teddy bear. The booties are from heaven knows where (maybe these?), since I couldn't get any info on them. But the bear pattern is from Debbie Bliss' Simply Baby and is easily the cutest bear pattern any of us have seen.

And, last but not least, on the handknitting front, we have Sandy B's Easter chicken for her granddaughter:

Henrietta and friends

Who I've named Henrietta, which has stuck (it fits, doesn't it?). Made with Rowan Handknit Cotton in "Slick" and "Nectar". Cute, huh? I decided she needed to be introduced to our Jamie, Gordon and Hugh chickens. Last I checked, they were getting on spendily.

And, truly finally, we have Mona's handspun "dewdrop" yarn:

Dewdrop yarn

It was made by beading the yarn as it was spun. Very fun. Mona has just over 9 oz here, which is decidedly enough for a variety of projects (which maybe she'll bring back for Show and Tell...). And, just so's we don't get annoyed questions later, Mona learned to spin the yarn during our Intermediate Handspinning Techniques class. Aren't you jealous? I know I am, it's so pretty!

And that just might be everything (for now) that I have photos of. Check back on Thursday for a knitnotwar update, new patterns, new books and more stashing updates!

No comments: