Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hello blog fans!

This post is coming to you from Lindsay, the resident web girl. We are all so excited about the new website, but the beauty does not come without hard work; which has unfortunately cut into valuable blogging time lately. So, from now on I'll be contributing to hopefully bring all of you a more-often updated blog.

So first we have a round up of some staff and customer WIP's:

This is my Soft Kid Bubble from Boutique Knits by Laura Irwin. I'm using the Isager Alpaca 2 in color 18 and I am absolutely loving working with this yarn. I'm 7 inches in and already planning my next project with it.


Next we have a blanket Brook is making with her own pattern out of Handmaiden's Big Blue in color Moss which is turning out lovely.


Now onto Sandy Kay's Sea Tangles inspired scarf done in a brand new color (coming soon to Knit Purl! ) of Habu Silk Stainless Steel pictured with one of the brand new SplitYarn bags we are carrying. I don't think these bags have quite made it onto the website yet but they are available in the store for purchase.

and a detail shot:


Now onto a finished project from Roz. This is her first crochet project, a cat from the book Kyuuto! Amigurumi. This adorable kitty is a gift for her two-year-old granddaughter and it's made with Sublime's Superfine Merino DK and Joseph Galler's Belangor angora.

(Sara M. says "squee!")

Until next time, I hope everyone has a great weekend, and look for a newsletter tomorrow featuring our Twitterific Sock Contest!

No comments: