Tuesday, December 16, 2008

BRRRR

It's so cold outside and inside, I almost want to cast on an afghan to keep warm! Snow or not, this cold snap isn't proving to be much fun, is it?

Oh, well. We have intrepid customers who have braved the cold and ice and downtown Christmas shoppers (eek!) to visit us this week. Memorably, Jennie brought in most of the Christmas presents she had knit for family and friends this year:

Christmas knitting gone wild

At last count there were: 6 scarves, 5 hats, 5 Korkisses, 3 wine bottle outfits, 2 pairs of mitts, 2 cowls, 1 dishcloth and 1 bookmark. She admitted to me that three of the FO's had been gifted already so they couldn't be photographed. Do you know what she sacrificed to achieve this (slight) madness?

Jennie started her Christmas knitting in June. Smart planning on her part, to say the least. She also told me, rather gleefully, that she had cast on the Ruth Sørensen Fair Isle hat as a treat for herself. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that someone who starts their Christmas knitting in June enjoys Fair Isle a lot, but I am.

Next on the news to relate, we were visited by the Live @ 7 crew from KGW Channel 8 and poor Lindsay was shoved in front of the camera:

live @ 7

And, finally, in the reportable news: did I mention the Knit Purl PDX ravelrers group?

I have a sneeking suspicion that I hadn't. Well, now you know. We'll be posting daily updates in the Forum - everything from when popular yarns like Kauni arrive to reminders for upcoming events.

Next post? The socks I'm knitting for Gina, our USPS letter-carrier who is long-suffering, and maybe another Ana Bandana. Until then, keep warm!

No comments: