Friday, December 12, 2008

The results of the Name That Gizmo! Contest are officially in, aaand KnitPod is the winner. The knitter who submitted the name has asked to remain nameless, but will probably claim her two skeins of ShibuiKnits Sock next week.

And we here at the store want thank everyone who submitted a name or voted in the poll:
Thank you for participating!

Next, we have Susan, dyer of Abstract Fiber, and her first finished November sock (from the Sock Club, y'know):

susan-and-sock
Looking beautful. Maybe a bit sock-puppet-like, at the moment, but that was unavoidable.

Followed closely behind by my Malabrigo sock in progress:

malabrigo-sock
(Can you totally tell 3M took this photo?)

In "Indiecita" on size 1 (2.25mm) DPNs. Yes, I know I tempt Fate by carrying my Lantern Moon needles in my bag. I guess I just like to live on the edge. The lace pattern on the instep is, for those of you who are not Shetland lace fans, the traditional Print O' The Wave pattern.

My take on the Malabrigo? So far I am loving it. My one slight complaint is that it can be splitty when doing a centered decrease (but only then). Otherwise? Major love. Huge. I am so glad I bought a ton of this when it came in. In fact, I might have to stash up some more...

Moving past my unhealthy stashing habits, I have been asked to remind all y'all about our Last-minute Gifts Knit-a-thon tomorrow (Saturday, December 13) from 6 pm - 12 am. Spend six hours at your (hopefully) favorite LYS with all your favorite knitterly friends, catching up on all those holiday projects that are slowly leading you towards a nervous breakdown.

And that is everything we (I and everyone I asked) can think of to blog about at the moment. If you've been in the store proper during the past week, you'll understand the slightly featherheaded (and belated) quality of this post. Until next time, have a great weekend!

2 comments:

akimbo said...

Whew! I'm actually glad I didn't win even though I wanted the yarn. I'm happy the KnitPod beat out my Sock Locker... It's a classier name! Sock Locker sounds like something from an infomercial.

Anonymous said...

Will you be writing up the sock pattern for your Malabrigo sock?

Marie