Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fashionknitsta Thursday: 11/5/09

It's Thursday again, and this week I have some great pieces that I'm really excited to share with everyone.

The first is a relatively new pattern (that's coming soon to Knit Purl), from designer Hannah Fettig, the Lightweight Pullover:
If Hannah's name sounds familliar it's probably because she is also the designer of the super popular Featherweight Cardigan, and the Whisper Cardigan from the Spring 2009 Interweave Knits. I really love the classic look of this sweater, updated just a bit with the slight cowl neck. It really is a perfect layering piece and would look great on a range of ages and body types.

This sweater is knit with a sport weight yarn, she suggests Classic Elite Yarns Fresco, but I would do it in Isager Alpaca 2 (big surprise, right?). While I'm tempted to do this in a charcoal, I've been waiting to find the perfect project to use their most beautiful purple color (# 13), and I think I've found it here. I cannot wait until we get this pattern in! I just want to lounge by the fire in it.

I guess I'm having a sweater day, because the next 'pretty' I have to show you is this lovely number, a Sweater Jacket from Talbots that Sara so kindly shared with me:

I then discovered this pattern for the 103-1 Jacket by DROPS design for FREE on Ravelry:

I really love the style of this and how versitile it could be to dress up or down for a holiday party, or work, or just with jeans for the weekend. I also really like the slightly higher neck, I really enjoy that in sweaters. This pattern calls for a super bulky yarn, they recommend Garnstudio DROPS Eskimo, but I would love to see it in ShibuiKnits Highland Wool Alpaca or Debbie Bliss Como.

My final bit of inspiration today is somthing I have been thinking about for a while, its kind of an update to a pretty classic pattern. One of my favorite winter accessories is a cowl, I'm not so much a scarf person unless they are the size of a small blanket. But the cowl is the perfect little addition when its too cold to go out without at least a little something around your neck, and I love that you can keep them on indoors. It's also a great way to add just a little pop of color and interest to an outfit. The Urban Cowl, a Knit Purl pattern by Jane Field, is basically my ideal - its simple and nicely proportioned.


The original pattern was done in ShibuiKnits Silk Cloud, which I think is a great choice, but I would love to make one in Isager Alpaca 1. I think I'm actually going to need to put my current projects on hold and whip this up really quickly so I can stop day-dreaming about it.

I'm sorry if this weeks post seems a bit thin, it's been quite crazy around here and haven't been surfing the interwebs as much as I should have! Stay tuned for next week's edition. Until then, stay chic, blogfans!

-Lindsay

No comments: